Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These chocolate crepes are quite impressive....but are very rich. The crepes can be made up in advance and chilled....leaving the sauce until serving time. To make serving time easier, I have everything except for the rum and bananas ready to heat up in a skillet, so it takes just minutes to finish this dessert. Serve 1 crepe to women 2 crepes to men
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2 -3 bananas
- Crepes: Beat eggs with buttermilk. Combine rest of ingredients and let rest for 30 minutes.
- In a crepe pan or small non stick skillet, add some butter to the pan to melt. Wipe the butter off with a paper towel.
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter to the pan.
- Tilt and rotate the pan quickly to cover the bottom with a thin layer of batter. Cook the crepe until the under side is browned lightly.
- Turn the crepe, brown the other side lightly and transfer to a plate.
- Crepes can be made in advance, stacked, wrapped in plastic and stored refrigerated for 3 days or frozen.
- To serve: Remove the crepes from the fridge and bring to room temperature. Fold the crepes into quarters.
- Sauce: Melt the butter and sugar just until sugar has dissolved. Place the crepes in the sauce, gently heating through and place on a hot serving platter.
- Add 3 T rum to remaining sauce. Slice in 2 - 3 firm bananas and heat lightly for 1 minute. Pour sauce over crepes.
- Garnish with whipping cream and grated choclate ~ or ~ drizzle warm chocolate over place.