Recipe by Lorac
My husband found this on the inside of the cream cheese box while I was making Mandarin Orange Cheesecake Pie. So guess what is next on my baking list? Prep Time includes chilling overnight and note that it makes 12 servings.
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies (about 13 cookies)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet baking chocolate, melted then slightly cooled
- 4 eggs
- 20 cookies, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Press cookie crumbs onto the bottom of a 9'-inch springform pan.
- Filling: Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until wll blended.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Add eggs and mix on low speed, until blended.
- Gently fold in 1 1/2 cups of the quartered cookies.
- Pour over crumb crust and sprinkle with remaining quartered cookies.
- Bake at 325°F for 65 minutes until center is almost set*.
- Run knife around pan rim to loosen cake.
- Cool, remove rim and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with whipped topping, raspberries and mint leaves.
- If using a dark metal springform pan- bake at 300°F.