Recipe by Jane from Ohio
This is Paula Deen's recipe. I have not had a chance to make this but it does sound wonderful. I thought I would post it. I hope to try this soon. I am going to estimate the servings. She didn't say but I guess 8. I am including the 2 hrs cooling time as cooking time.
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar, plus more
- sugar, for dusting
- 1 ounce chocolate liqueur (she recommendes Godiva Liqeur)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 11 large egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size saucepan.
- Over medium-high heat.
- Combine heave cream, sugar, liqueur and vanilla.
- When mixture is warm.
- Add coco powder and chocolate.
- Whisk until blended.
- Place egg yolk in a large stainless steel bowl.
- Slowly add the warm chocolate mixture to the eggs.
- A little at a time while whisking.
- Strain and pour into individual ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a large baking pan.
- pour enough hot water in the pan.
- To come half up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake until firm in the center (about 30 min).
- Remove the ramekins from the water bath.
- Cool completely.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Dust with sugar.
- Carmelize with a propane torch.
- Serve immediately.