Recipe by ~Bekah~
This is so easy to make at home and it tastes wonderful. This version has a surprise chocolate filling as a bonus.
- 3 cups half & half light cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs (or egg substitute equal to 6 eggs)
- 4 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave safe bowl, whisk together the half&half and cocoa, this will be slightly lumpy.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until the half&half is slightly warm.
- Whisk the mixture again to disolve lumps.
- Whisk the eggs and 2/3 cup sugar into the cocoa mix.
- Pour one cup of the mixture into each of ten 6 ounce custard cups (make sure they are broiler proof).
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips into the middle of each cup.
- Place the cups on a 17x12 baking sheet or a large baking pan that can hold all of them.
- Fill the sheet half full with warm water (or to a depth of 1 inch).
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the center doesn't giggle when gently shaken.
- Carefully move the cups to a cooling rack and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to 2 days before serving.
- When ready to serve, preheat the broiler.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar over each serving.
- Put the cups on a broiler-safe pan.
- Broil with the tops of the cups 2 inches from the heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until the sugar is caramelized.
- Careful not to burn!
- To serve, garnish with raspberries and enjoy!