1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cream Roll
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Did you love SuzyQ's when you were little but find them lacking somehow now that you're all grown up? Well, next time you get a craving, try this cake instead! This will satisfy you if you've lost that lovin' feelin' for SuzyQ's! Source: Epicurious Forum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan, then line with waxed paper, extending paper at short ends.
- 2Grease paper; set aside.
- 3Stir together cocoa and flour until well blended; set aside.
- 4In large bowl of mixer beat eggs at high speed until very light, about 5 minutes.
- 5Gradually beat in confectioners sugar and beat until very fluffy and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- 6Fold cocoa mixture and vanilla into egg mixture until well blended.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- 8Bake in preheated 350-degree oven 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes.
- 10Loosen edges of cake with thin-bladed spatula.
- 11Sprinkle clean dish towel generously with granulated sugar and invert cake onto towel.
- 12Peel off paper.
- 13Starting at short end, roll up cake and towel as for jelly roll.
- 14Cool on rack.
- 16Spread cake with cream filling.
- 17Reroll without towel.
- 18Place on platter and frost with Thin Chocolate Glaze.
- 19Chill several hours or overnight.
- 20Garnish with dollops of whipped cream or pistachios.
- 21CREAM FILLING: Beat 1 cup whipping cream and a few tbsp of granulated or confectioners sugar until soft peaks form, adding about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp vanilla extract if you like.
- 22THIN CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Melt 5 squares (5 oz) semisweet chocolate in pan, stir in 1/3 cup hot water.
- 23Spread thinly over roll.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cream Roll
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 159.5 mg
- Sodium 52.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g