Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A winter dessert that can be made a day ahead.
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup short-grain rice
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 300 ml thickened cream
- grated chocolate, to serve
- Combine milk and sugar in pan.
- Stir over low heat till sugar dissolved.
- Bring to boil, add rice.
- Simmer, covered for 50 minutes or till most of the milk is absorbed.
- Stir several times during cooking.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in chocolate, stir till melted.
- Cool rice to room temperature.
- Beat cream till soft peaks form, fold half into rice mixture.
- Spoon rice into 4 serving bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with remaining cream and extra chocky.