Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Is there anything better than chocolate, strawberries, and whipped cream?
Make and share this Chocolate Cream Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring water, butter and salt to a boil Add flour and cocoa all at once, stir until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from the heat, let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat until smooth and shiny.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 inch apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until set and and brown.
- Remove to wire racks.
- Immediately split puffs oven, remove and discard soft dough from inside.
- Cool puffs completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Fold in whipped cream and strawberries Fill bottom halfs of puffs.
- Replace tops and serve immediately.
These were delicious and make SUCH a gorgeous dessert!!! I made them for a baby shower, and they were long gone while the other desserts just languished on the table. I melted some chocolate chips and drizzled them over the top, too. I did only use about half of the filling, but it's pretty good on it's own. =)
I really liked these but my kids and some of my guests didn't. My kids didn't like the actual puffs (not sweet enough) and they didn't like the cream cheese in the filling - would have preferred just whipping cream. However, I thought they were good - I dribbled melted chocolate over top too. Can never have enough chocolate! I also learned that you need to cook them long enough and not take them out to early - they sink otherwise and are too soft.
Made 'em for valentine's day and it was a big hit! Like moxie said I also did only use about half of the filling. But they were really delicious! Thanks for sharing!