Recipe by Just Cher
Is there anything better than chocolate, strawberries, and whipped cream?
Top Review by moxie
These were delicious and make SUCH a gorgeous dessert!!! I made them for a baby shower, and they were long gone while the other desserts just languished on the table. I melted some chocolate chips and drizzled them over the top, too. I did only use about half of the filling, but it's pretty good on it's own. =)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitute)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 3 cups coarsely chopped strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring water, butter and salt to a boil Add flour and cocoa all at once, stir until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from the heat, let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat until smooth and shiny.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 inch apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until set and and brown.
- Remove to wire racks.
- Immediately split puffs oven, remove and discard soft dough from inside.
- Cool puffs completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Fold in whipped cream and strawberries Fill bottom halfs of puffs.
- Replace tops and serve immediately.