Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 quart ice cream, choice
- Combine water, butter, sugar and salt in a medium size saucepan.
- Place over medium low heat to melt butter.
- Add flour and cocoa powder all at once; stir vigorously until mixture pulls away from side of pan.
- Remove from heat. Heat oven to 400.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- With the saucepan off heat, add eggs one at a time, to batter in saucepan, beating well after each addition.
- With a 1/4 cup drop mixture onto baking sheet, spacing 2" apart. Bake for 40 minutes until puffed and firm.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut off top third of each puff; scoop out soft center from bases.
- Cool bases and top on wire rack.
- Fill puffs with ice cream of your choice; cover with tops.
- Freeze on baking sheets until firm.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Freeze for up to 1 week.
- Place puff on plates.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Top with sauce of your choice.
Delicious Cream Puffs!
These were great with Strawberry ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce and nuts finely chopped over the tops before serving!