Recipe by gord030831
I got this recipe off of the top of an egg carton. It is so easy and everyone I have served this to wanted the recipe. What makes this so easy is that instead of making individual cream puffs it is made in one dish.
- 8 tablespoons extra-light vegetable oil spread (I use Blue Bonnet margarine)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package french vanilla cool whip
Directions See How It's Made
- For the pastry:.
- In a small sauce pan, bring the vegetable oil spread and water to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend in flour, beating to a ball.
- Add eggs (one at a time) and beat well.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- For the filling:.
- Mix pudding, milk and cream cheese together.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving (does not keep well overnight).