Recipe by stormylee
A wonderful, soft chocolate cake! Found the recipe on the net when looking for cake recipes using whipped cream as an ingredient. Unlike many other chocolate cakes, this one is definitely at its best at room temperature, so take it out of the fridge some time before serving. Dust the cake generously with powdered sugar and serve as-is, or with strawberries. Yummy!
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and dust with powdered sugar, shaking off excess.
- Whip the cream until stiff; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the remaining ingredients and add to the cream mixture.
- Stir to combine (the batter is quite stiff and sticky).
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until the cake just begins to pull from the edges of the pan.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out on rack.
- The cake will keep in the fridge for up to a week (if you can resist eating it, that is!) wrapped air-tightly in plastic wrap and foil.