This pie is so rich. It is so quick and easy. It is also enjoyed quick and easy. You must try this for your next Chocolate Pie. I HAVE to make it EVERY Thanksgiving, especially for son Kevin and son-in-law Dwain. My sister-in-law, Sherry, entered it in their 1996 church cookbook, "Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread", Wise County, Texas.
- Mix water and cornstarch and cocoa until smooth.
- Sir in Eagle Brand milk and egg yolks.
- Cook until thick in saucepan or microwave.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- For meringue: Preheat oven to 400°.
- Top with meringue and brown.
- Or may top with whipped cream after chilling pie.