Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe years ago from a recipe packet. This recipe fills 1 single pie crust. You can use canned whipped cream in place of the heavy cream and powdered sugar.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large saucepan.
- Add milk, bring to a boil for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Whisk 1 cup hot pie filling into beaten egg yolks and pour back into saucepan whisking until mixed.
- Return to a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add chocolate, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour into prebaked pie crust.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve beat together heavy cream and powdered sugar.
- Spread on top of pie.