1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cream Pie
Miss Erin's Note:
This is from the cover of the February issue of Martha Stewart Living. It looks really good. I great Valentines Day treat for your honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chocolate wafers in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- 2Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- 3Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
- 4Press into the bottom and lower half of the sides of an 8" springform pan.
- 5Cover the pan with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 6Pour the milk in a small bowl.
- 7Sprinkle the gelatin over the milk and let it soften for 5 minutes.
- 8Place the cream and 2 Tbsp of sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- 9Add the gelatin mixture, stir to combine.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Add chocolate and vanilla, cover and let stand for 3 minutes.
- 12Stir until combined well.
- 13Pass the mixture through a fine sieve into the prepared cookie crust.
- 14Return filled crust to refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- 15Place the egg whites and remaining 3/4 cup of sugar in the heat proof bowl of an electric mixer and place over a pan of barely simmering water.
- 16Stir constantly until the egg whites are warm to the touch and the sugar is completely dissolved, about three minutes.
- 17attach the bowl to the mixer and use the whisk attachment to beat the egg whites on medium until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- 18Raise speed to high and beat until stiff and glossy but not dry, about 1-1/2 minutes.
- 19Remove pie from refrigerator.
- 20Using a rubber spatula, drop meringue on top, lifting to create tall peaks.
- 21Use a kitchen blowtorch to brown the top of the meringue peaks or place under a broiler, watching carefully as it will brown quickly.
- 22Chill the pie in the refrigerator and serve cold.
- 23This pie will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5069.0
- Calories from Fat 2602
- Total Fat 289.1 g
- Saturated Fat 165.1 g
- Cholesterol 615.9 mg
- Sodium 2917.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 570.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 394.6 g
- Protein 65.9 g