Recipe by Queenkungfu
This is a recipe that my mother used to make for us kids. It is total comfort food for me now. I love to make it and then let the skin form on the top while it's cooling. My son likes lumps in his. LOL. This recipe is for one serving.
Top Review by loof
Yummy! I like mine lumpy too and that's just how I made it. The chocolate was great and the butter was a nice touch. Loved this tasty breakfast treat - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for the Comfort Cafe event, January 2009
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cream of wheat (the kind in the red box that says it cooks in 2 1/2 minutes)
- chocolate syrup (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- cook the cream of wheat according to package directions with the milk and salt.
- While it's still in the pot stir in a little chocolate syrup.
- Taste it, if it's too weak for you add some more.
- pour it into a bowl and add the pat of butter.
- Add a spoon and you are in comfort food heaven!