Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that my mother used to make for us kids. It is total comfort food for me now. I love to make it and then let the skin form on the top while it's cooling. My son likes lumps in his. LOL. This recipe is for one serving.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cream of wheat (the kind in the red box that says it cooks in 2 1/2 minutes)
- chocolate syrup (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- cook the cream of wheat according to package directions with the milk and salt.
- While it's still in the pot stir in a little chocolate syrup.
- Taste it, if it's too weak for you add some more.
- pour it into a bowl and add the pat of butter.
- Add a spoon and you are in comfort food heaven!
Yummy! I like mine lumpy too and that's just how I made it. The chocolate was great and the butter was a nice touch. Loved this tasty breakfast treat - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for the Comfort Cafe event, January 2009
I'm with your son! I intentionally make lumps in my Cream of Wheat when I cook it - dunno why but they're satisfying somehow! This looks like a great recipe and I'll definitely try it on my little tykes... thanks!