1/2 Photos of Chocolate Cream Meringue Pie
Carole Reu's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie shell, pre-baked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, and salt in medium saucepan; stir in milk.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils; remove from heat.
- 4Stir half of the mixture into beaten egg yolks; return egg mixture to saucepan.
- 5Continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until mixture boils; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes.
- 8Pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- 9MERINGUE TOPPING:
- 10Heat oven to 350°F.
- 11In small mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy.
- 12Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 13Spread this on warm pie filling, carefully sealing to the edges of crust.
- 14Bake 5 to 8 minutes or just until meringue is lightly browned.
- 15Cool to room temperature; chill for several hours.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cream Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.0
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 425.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 7.8 g