Recipe by GothicGranola
Also from the King Arthur flour website. Can be used to fill a chiffon cake by slicing 1 inch off the top of the cake and making a 3-inch deep trench in the cake, leaving a 1 inch wall on each side then filling the trench with this filling and placing the top back on the cake then frost it.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares (3 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (1 packet)
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, mix together the cornstarach, sugar, salt, milk and chocolate. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Soften the gelating in the cold water for 1 minute, then stir into the hot chocolate mixture. Pour it into a bowl and let it cool to room temperature. To speed up the cooling process, set the bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice water. Stir with a rubber spatula until it's room temperature. Be careful not to let the gelatin set up.
- When the chocolate mixture is cool, whip 1 cup heavy cream with 1 teaspoons vanilla. Fold this into the chocolate mixture.