1/4 Photos of Chocolate Cream Filled Easter Eggs
1 hr 4 mins
Lois M's Note:
My aunt used to make these when I was a kid, then I started making them for my kids, and now my DD makes them, they are very rich, you just want to eat a small slice at a time. Cook time shown is actually chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix milk, butter, corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
- 2Add icing sugar in 3 or 4 batches,stirring well after each addition.
- 3Mix well, then knead with hands, mixing in more icing sugar if needed, until mixture holds shape and is smooth.
- 4Take 1/4 of the mixture, and color it yellow for yolks.
- 5Form it into 10 to 15 small balls, set aside.
- 6Make 10 to 15 Larger balls with the remaining mixture.
- 7Flatten large ball in palm, place yellow ball in centre, then shape white mixture around it to form an egg shape.
- 8Place eggs on tray, cover well with plastic wrap so they do not dry out, and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- 9Dipping Chocolate: Place chocolate and paraffin in bowl over hot (not boiling) water (approx 86 deg.) Use a fondue fork to dip eggs into chocolate.
- 10Place eggs on tray lined with waxed or parchment paper.
- 11Put in a cool place until chocolate is firm.
- 12Decorate if desired.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cream Filled Easter Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.6
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 345.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 79.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g