Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray and flour a 15"x10"x1" jelly-roll pan; set aside.
- Stir together flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes or until thick.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar, beating on medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until thick.
- Add milk and oil; beat on low until combined.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over egg mixture; fold by hand until combined.
- Spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top is golden and springs back when touched.
- Immediately loosen edges of cake and turn cake out onto a towel sprinkled with 1 tbsp.
- powdered sugar.
- Roll up towel and cake, jelly roll style, starting from one of the short sides of the cake.
- Cool on a rack.
- Filling: Combine sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover surface and cool to room temperature.
- When cool, mix in ½ cup softened cream cheese.
- Unroll the cake and evenly spread the filling over the cake.
- Roll up the cake and chill for 2 to 6 hours.
- If desired, top with additional powdered sugar.