Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A fabulous-tasting lower fat creamy dessert, with a great chocolate topping. Plan ahead this dessert needs to chill in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 (14 ounce) box honey graham crackers, divided
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix (fat-free pudding is okay)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (low fat is okay)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, dessert frozen topping thawed (reduced calorie is okay)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 ounces chocolate, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar (icing)
- In a bottom of a 13 x 9" baking dish, arrange 7-1/2 graham crackers in a dish coated lightly with butter or cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine 3 cups milk, pudding mix and the cream cheese; beat at low speed of an electric mixer for 1 minute, or until thick; fold in Cool Whip topping.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture over graham crackers.
- Top with another 7-1/2 graham crackers sheets.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining half of pudding mixture and 7-1/2 more of the graham crackers.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup milk, softened butter, honey and melted chocolate; beat well with a mixer.
- Gradually add in icing sugar to milk mixture, and beat well.
- Spread the chocolate mixture glaze over the graham crackers.
- Cover the dessert and tent with foil; chill 4-5 hours before serving.
This was exceptionally tasty. However, when you use the nutrition facts provided and calculate fat grams per serving, it comes to 14g. I don't necessarily consider that low-fat.
So yummy and makes a great lowfat dessert! Can use lowfat honey grahams, fat-free milk, fat-free tub cream cheese, reduced fat Cool Whip, and unsweetened chocolate. Makes 18 servings. Found the recipe in Cooking Light and was searching to post. Glad to find it here already! Rich and creamy and you won't miss the calories! Thanks, Kittencal, for posting!