Recipe by CanadianKitchenSlave
Rich and delicious this dessert is easy and will easily impress. It takes time to make since you have to do layer by layer. But it is well worth the wait!
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (520 g) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese (soft)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 (180 g) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons chocolate curls (decoration)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, cut the butter into the cake mix until crumbly. Add egg and mix in with fork or wooden spoon. Press into a 13x9x2 greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes. Cool Completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread over baked crust. Refrigerate.
- Whisk together the milk and pudding and spread over cream cheese. Let the pudding set for a while in the fridge and cover it with the left over whipped topping. Decorate with the chocolate curls.