Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Decadent and served for breakfast?!!!This recipe came from the Hillcrest Inn & Carraige House Bed and Breakfast. You can easily double or triple this recipe.
- 1 cup raspberry juice, from fresh or frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15 count) package miniature phyllo cups (2.1 ounces,)
- chocolate leaves, dessert decorations (optional)
- Prepare Raspberry Sauce by bringing juice to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add cornstarch and whisk to blend; cook until thickened.
- Sauce may be made in advance and refrigerated.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter.
- Microwave on high, stirring at 20-second intervals until melted and smooth.
- In another small bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners sugar; beat until smooth.
- Assemble by placing 2 tablespoons of Raspberry Sauce on each dessert plate.
- Place 1 or 2 phyllo shells on sauce.
- In each shell place a teaspoon of cream chees mixture and a teaspoon of chocolate mixture.
- Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator up to 1 hour.
- If desired, decorate with shaved chocolate, or Betty Crocker's Real Chocolate Dessert Decorations (available in most grocery stores).
What a wonderfully delicious little treat! As I was making these for a dessert, I added in 2 T sugar to the raspberry juice for a bit of additional sweetness. Very elegant presentation and easy to make.