Recipe by Chef mariajane
Don't you just love it when another easy recipe comes along that everyone will really enjoy?? Well here is one that is just that - so easy and very delicious!! Like a lot of things, this improves with age -
Top Review by Regina00214
I give this 5 stars because it is very delicious and when I bring this to the church dinners everyone loves it. My husband even tells me that it is the best dessert there. However I did have to change the order of how this says to put it together. Because step 1 says press into pan, well the cream cheese part is liquidy and can't be pressed but poured and step 2 says to pour over mix in pan, well the cake part is very stiff so I reversed steps 1 and 2 and it worked out perfectly. Great recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 3 eggs, sugar and vanilla. Mix well and then press into a greased 9x13 baking pan (using a piece of wax paper over the mixture will allow for easier spreading).
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, 1 egg, margarine. Pour mixture from bowl over mix in pan.
- Bake at 300F for 45-55 minutes. Cool.
- Cut into squares to serve.