Recipe by Nana Lee
From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks,on about.com. If you prefer darker chocolate, use semisweet chocolate chips in this easy and delicious recipe. Rolls need to be chilled for 1 hour before baking.
- 17 ounces frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure that you thaw the pastry according to package directions.
- In small bowl, combine softened cream cheese and sugar and mix well to blend.
- Roll one sheet of the thawed puff pastry into a 14x10" rectangle.
- Spread with half of the cream cheese mixture, leaving a 1" border on one long side of the dough.
- Sprinkle cream cheese filling with half of the chocolate chips.
- Roll up pastry, starting at long side, and finishing at the side with the uncovered border of pastry.
- Brush this edge with a bit of water, and seal pastry by pinching gently.
- Repeat with remaining sheet of pastry and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill rolls for at least 1 hour. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut rolls into 1" thick slices using dental floss or thread, and place cut side up on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets.
- Remove to wire racks to finish cooling.