Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple no-bake pie.
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, chilled and divided
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate crumb crusts (#134516 Chocolate Cookie Crust)
- Add two inches of water to a med-sized saucepan; bring the pot to a bare simmer.
- Combine chocolate, 1/2 cup heavy cream, and the corn syrup in a stainless-steel bowl big enough to rest on top of the saucepan.
- Place the bowl over the simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Heat, whisking occasionally, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove bowl from the heat and set the mixture aside; let cool until just warm, 5-10 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, beat in the softened cream cheese until the mixture is smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the remaining 1 cup heavy cream (use electric mixer) until it just holds stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Scrape the filling into the prepared crumb crust, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula.
- Cover pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the filling is completely set, 4 hours to 1 day.