Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Betty Crocker online.
Cookie Base and Topping
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker peanut butter cookie dough (mix)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie base and topping ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Shape 6 (1-inch) balls of dough.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart; flatten in crisscross pattern with fork.
- Then with the remaining cookie dough, press into 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Bake cookies and base 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Reserve the 6 cookies for topping.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on high 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and stirred smooth.
- Spread evenly over bars.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and whipping cream with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Beat on high speed about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Spread over chocolate layer.
- Crush reserved cookies; sprinkle over cream cheese layer.
- Press in lightly.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.