Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The amounts stated are enough to frost the top of a 13 x 9-inch sheet cake, to frost and fill a layer cake double the amounts, this frosting freezes very well so make a double recipe and freeze for the next time, the confectioners sugar and cocoa must be sifted first.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (must be sifted, may need a little more)
- 1⁄3 cup good-quality unsweetened baking cocoa, sifted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons light cream (or use heavy whipping cream)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a mixing bow beat cream cheese with butter until smooth.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (starting with 3 tablespoons cream) and beat until smooth and fluffy adding in more cream or confectioners sugar is needed until desired consistancy is achieved.
Delicious chocolate frosting!
Yummy as usual! Thanks for all the great recipes! I wouldn't change a thing. Even the cheap chocolate I used tasted great.
Made to spread on some brownies I made. What a nice change! I can't wait to make a cake and use it!