Recipe by WaterMelon
I don't like traditional cream cheese frosting, so my friend made this and used it to frost chocolate cupcakes when I went to her place for lunch. She's right, add chocolate and I'll devour anything! She gave me this recipe (it's originally from Diana's Desserts), and I thought I'd share it with all my fellow chocoholics. Makes 1 3/4 cups of frosting (she frosted 12 large cupcakes). Cooking time is the estimated time for melting chocolate.
Top Review by Anissa
Very good frosting. It only took two tablespoons of milk to get to my desired consistency. I used semisweet chocolate chips. It was enough to frost a 9 x 13 cake pan of Chocolate Banana Cake (recipe #32082).
Thank you for sharing this recipe!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; nuke for 30 sec in HIGH, stir, nuke again, stir- repeat until chocolate is completely melted; set aside and cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate, milk and vanilla, beat at low speed until smooth.
- If necessary, add additional milk 1 tsp at a time for desired speading consistency.
- Frost cakes, cupcakes or bars; store frosted items covered in refrigerator.