1/4 Photos of Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
I don't like traditional cream cheese frosting, so my friend made this and used it to frost chocolate cupcakes when I went to her place for lunch. She's right, add chocolate and I'll devour anything! She gave me this recipe (it's originally from Diana's Desserts), and I thought I'd share it with all my fellow chocoholics. Makes 1 3/4 cups of frosting (she frosted 12 large cupcakes). Cooking time is the estimated time for melting chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; nuke for 30 sec in HIGH, stir, nuke again, stir- repeat until chocolate is completely melted; set aside and cool.
- 2Beat cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 3Add melted chocolate, milk and vanilla, beat at low speed until smooth.
- 4If necessary, add additional milk 1 tsp at a time for desired speading consistency.
- 5Frost cakes, cupcakes or bars; store frosted items covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 25.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g