Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I don't like traditional cream cheese frosting, so my friend made this and used it to frost chocolate cupcakes when I went to her place for lunch. She's right, add chocolate and I'll devour anything! She gave me this recipe (it's originally from Diana's Desserts), and I thought I'd share it with all my fellow chocoholics. Makes 1 3/4 cups of frosting (she frosted 12 large cupcakes). Cooking time is the estimated time for melting chocolate.
- Place chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; nuke for 30 sec in HIGH, stir, nuke again, stir- repeat until chocolate is completely melted; set aside and cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate, milk and vanilla, beat at low speed until smooth.
- If necessary, add additional milk 1 tsp at a time for desired speading consistency.
- Frost cakes, cupcakes or bars; store frosted items covered in refrigerator.
Very good frosting. It only took two tablespoons of milk to get to my desired consistency. I used semisweet chocolate chips. It was enough to frost a 9 x 13 cake pan of Chocolate Banana Cake (Chocolate Banana Cake).
Thank you for sharing this recipe!
This is delicious! The only change I made was I used chocolate soy milk. Also when I was done making this I wasn't done with my cake so I put it in the fridge. It was too hard to spread than so I popped it in the microwave for 10 seconds and it spread perfectly!
This is very rich. Not a fluffy frosting; but very tasty!