Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I found the basic idea for the cookie cups in July/August 2005 TOH's "QUICK COOKING". The original recipe was by Rachel Blackstone. I played around with this till I got what I wanted. Chocolate, cream cheese, and chocolate chip cookies--what more could you want? Posted August 30th 2005.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut dough into 24 equal parts, roll into balls.
- Put a ball of dough into an ungreased mini-muffin tin.
- Press dough on bottom and up the sides.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If puffy, press dough back around sides with the back of a metal teaspoon.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire cooking rack.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, cocoa, and powdered sugar; mix well.
- Add milk, and mix till smooth.
- Fill cookie cups with cream cheese mixture.
- Store in refrigerator.