Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful chocolate cupcakes, with a cream cheese center.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or 1 cup regular chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (or more to suit taste)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 egg; mix well, stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a measuring cup; level off.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together water, oil, vinegar and vanilla, add in to the flour mixture; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared muffin cups half full; top each with 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture, then sprinkle sugar and chopped nuts on top of the cream cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cream cheese mixture is light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.