Recipe by Nan in Ontario
These cupcakes are one of the most requested recipe. I have made them for years. Can't remember where I got the recipe.
Top Review by Lindt6
These cupcakes are fantastic! I am not a big cake fan, though these were so moist and tasty. i made them in my silicone mini muffin tray without patty papers and they worked perfectly. They didn't stick at all. I made the recipe exactly and they were great... i have made 2 batches in 3 days! I also tested a few by putting the chocolate mixture on the bottom, then the cream cheese, then chocolate on the top and I think I will make them all that way next time.Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients well.
- Fill muffin tins, lined with paper cups 1/3 to 1/2 full with this mixture.
- Drop a large spoonful of cheese mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.