Recipe by Manami
Wake up those taste buds with crecent rolls kissed with chocolate and cafe au lait! These little bits were originally submitted by Jeanne Walker from Oxnard, Ca. at the Pillsbury Bake-Off 37(Dallas, 1996). These are truly lovely and oh so good!
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Kahlua or 2 teaspoons strong cuban coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts or 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, Kahlua or coffee and vanilla.
- Melt white chocolate chips in small bowl over saucepan with 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil, until smooth.
- Add to cream cheese mixture and blend well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto the shortest side of each triangle.
- Loosley roll up; starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point.
- Place point side down on buttered cookie sheet; curve into a crescent shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl over low heat, melt glaze ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm rolls.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store in refrigerator.