Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can adjust the amount of cinnamon, I found that 1/4 teaspoon was just the perfect amount, use butter only for this. This frosting freezes very well, just thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa (sifted)
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with butter, vanilla and cinnamon using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy (about 3 minutes).
- In another bowl mix together the powdered sugar with with sifted cocoa powder; add to the creamed mixture alternating with the buttermilk on low speed until combined.
- Adjust with more buttermilk if needed to achieve desired consistany.
Yum! Yum! Yum!