1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This makes one of those luscious "tunnel" cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa, measured then sifted
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sour milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup warm, brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Generously grease a 10 inch Bundt or tube pan (Bundt is best for this recipe).
- 3Combine sugar, oil and eggs.
- 4Beat for one minute until smooth.
- 5Add remaining cake ingredients and beat (mix on medium) for two to three minutes (use a whisk of doing by hand).
- 6Set batter aside.
- 7For filling, cream sugar with cream cheese.
- 8Add vanilla, egg and chocolate chips.
- 9Blend until smooth.
- 10Ladle half of batter into pan.
- 11Spoon filling evenly over this layer.
- 12Cover with remaining batter.
- 13Bake for 70 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 14Top should spring back when touched.
- 15Let cake cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan.
- 16If cake sticks, place on a warm burner to loosen up and help release cake.
- 17Cake will firm up as it comes to room temperature.
- 18For glaze, combine all ingredients to form a pourable liquid.
- 19Thin with hot water if necessary.
- 20Pour over cooled cake.
- 21This cake freezes well and keeps for several days covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.8
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 236.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g