Recipe by Manami
Have looked at brownie recipes galore and didn't find this posted. If I didn't find it please excuse.These brownies are fudgy, creamy and just wonderful! They are also very easy to make. These can be made with walnuts or pecans. Source: Courtesy of Diana's Desserts, April 2, 2003 and Courtesy of Hershey's.com. Cooling time is not included.
Top Review by AmyZoe
Wow! I don't like chocolate, but I licked the bowl clean. These are the best brownies I've ever had. I found this recipe in Hershey's Facvorite All-Time Recipes...100 Years of Hershey's Favorites. Highly recommended. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa, Hershey's cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, Hershey's cocoa
- 1 1⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup (optional)
- chocolate-covered coffee beans (optional)
- chocolate leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking butter.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture until well blended.
- Stir in nuts (optional).
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare brownie frosting:.
- Beat butter and cocoa in small bowl until blended; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating well.
- Add 1 Tablespoon milk and corn syrup.
- Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- Add additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, if needed.
- Cut into bars and granish.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!