Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from Gail at our Church. They looked like date squares, but everyone was really impressed at how scrumptious they were!
- 12 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (12 oz)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In saucepan, over low heat, combine chocolate, cream cheese and whipping cream. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, stir in nuts.
- In bowl, cream butter and brown sugar; beat in egg, stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Press half on bottom of lightly buttered 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle remaining butter mixture over chocolate.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 - 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 2 x 1 1/2 inch bars.