Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Once again, a throw-together recipe. There were several pie fillings that were in the pantry, which I had to choose from and the rest I made up as I went along; this was for last minute company and I was so tired of the "pound cake and strawberries routine" I was determined to make a few changes. Here goes whatever!
- 21 ounces blackberry pie filling (I used 21 oz. from a 32 oz. size can, by Berry, Berry Farms)
- 1 cup frozen blackberrie (from 12-14 oz bag)
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon toasted almond, chopped powder fine
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup non-dairy whipped topping or 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1 loaf poundcake (about 7x7x3-inch) or 1 loaf angel food cake (about 7x7x3-inch)
- 8 teaspoons chocolate flavored syrup
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted almond, chopped fine
- In small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients.
- Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- In 1 quart saucepan, heat chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the whipped topping or whipping cream.
- In medium bowl, add remaining whipped topping(instructions for whipping cream follow) with chocolate mixture and amaretto.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, cut cake into 8 slices; place on individual dessert plates.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup sauce over each slice.
- Top with about 1/4 cup chocolate cream mixture; drizzle with 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup, and, if desired, garnish with a sprinkling of toasted almonds.
- *If using whipping cream, beat remaining 3/4 cup with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Then beat in chocolate mixture and amaretto. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours, only.