Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mother made this recipe many years ago and I just rediscovered it. The steps are simple and easy, with elegant results.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk, plus
- 2 teaspoons milk
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- Put chocolate, egg, sugar, salt and vanilla extract in a blender and whirl at high speed to mix the ingredients.
- Heat the milk just to boiling and pour into blender and whirl at low speed for one minute.
- Pour into small cups, ramikins or dessert glasses, chilling for several hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
I have a recipe similar to this that includes alcohol (Chocolate Orange Truffle Pudding #94182) This is a nice non-alcohol version. I like the addition of the vanilla. Almond or peppermint extract would also be delicious.