Recipe by M&Mers
These very chewy cookies have 4 great flavors baked into one awesome treat! I recommend doubling the recipe...they won't last long!
Top Review by rosslare
These cookies are just sooo scrumptious! Nuts, cranberries and white chocolate! Mine came out nice and crunchy outside and chewy inside, just the way we love them! The egg I used was small and the batter was very crumbly, not soggy at all, and that I think resulted the crunchynes instead of being all soft and chewy. I added 1/2 tsp salt and left the cinnamon out, as I don't care for it in the oat cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, egg, water and vanilla using an electric mixer set on medium speed.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
- Stir in oats, cranberries, nuts and chocolate chips (for a nuttier flavor, you can toast the oats and nuts in a frying pan set on medium heat and, stirring constantly, cook until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before adding to rest of ingredients).
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- For chewy cookies, do not overbake.