Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Kraft. These turned out so moist and delicious! Used 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar and will lower it next time to 1 cup to lower a bit the calories! Also used about 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips instead of the baking squares. You've got to try this! :)
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 354.88 ml flour
- 354.88 ml quick-cooking oats
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml margarine, softened
- 354.88 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine cranberries and orange juice in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 sec. Let stand 10 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat margarine and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in cranberry mixture, chocolate and pecans.
- Spread dough into 13x9-inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minute or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into bars.
I love this recipe and have made it many times - this is one of my favorite things to have for breakfast! The only change that I make is to reduce the amount of dried cranberries to 1/2 cup and the orange juice to 1/8 cup and increase the amount of pecans. I also use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips. Very good and easy!
Used a rounded cup of cranberries, but otherwise followed the recipe & had some GREAT TASTING BARS to serve my guests, all of whom appreciated the combo of flavors! Of course we're all chocoholics, so . . . Thanks for a great recipe & a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag cooking game]
oh wow, fabulous! Even I like them, I don't have a sweet tooth and am generally just baking for the family, but I gave these a try -- love them! I followed your suggestions and cut the brown sugar to just one cup, which I think is perfect, and I used the 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. Oh, and I used butter. Easy and healthy treats, these proved so popular that they're nearly all gone already, this will be a regular weekend bake! thank you Redsie, a winner!