Recipe by Redsie
From Kraft. These turned out so moist and delicious! Used 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar and will lower it next time to 1 cup to lower a bit the calories! Also used about 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips instead of the baking squares. You've got to try this! :)
Top Review by anonymous
I love this recipe and have made it many times - this is one of my favorite things to have for breakfast! The only change that I make is to reduce the amount of dried cranberries to 1/2 cup and the orange juice to 1/8 cup and increase the amount of pecans. I also use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips. Very good and easy!
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine cranberries and orange juice in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 sec. Let stand 10 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat margarine and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in cranberry mixture, chocolate and pecans.
- Spread dough into 13x9-inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minute or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into bars.