Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I put together these cookie jars last year as gifts, they were very successful, and I also bake them regular at home.
- 10 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Layer the ingredients in a jar in the order given, I use a 750ml jar but when I got this recipe it said to use a 1-quart jar.
- *Attach a card with the following instructions:.
- "Chocolate Cranberry Cookies".
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl empty the contents of the jar and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat together ½ cup of soft butter or margarine, 1 large egg and 1-teaspoon vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the cookie-mix, and mix together by hand.
- Put heaped teaspoonfuls on a greased baking sheet, leaving room to spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Cool for a few minutes on a baking sheet then remove to cool on a wire rack.
This is an absolutely excellent recipe. The flavour and texture are great. I was a little skeptical as I was mixing them up but I'm thrilled with how they turned out. What a geat gift to give!!
Very simple to make especially if you need a last minute gift. I used a cleaned pasta sauce mason jar and the ingredients fit perfectly.
This really does not fill up a quart jar. I think you are right on with the 750 ml. I added some dark chocolate chips and additional nuts to fill out the jar. Of course, I needed to know what they were going to taste like, so I then mixed up a batch. With the added chips and nuts you need to add 2 eggs. They are nice and tasty and I got about 30 cookies. Now I have another Christmas present made. Thanks for the holiday help.