I put together these cookie jars last year as gifts, they were very successful, and I also bake them regular at home.
- Layer the ingredients in a jar in the order given, I use a 750ml jar but when I got this recipe it said to use a 1-quart jar.
- *Attach a card with the following instructions:.
- "Chocolate Cranberry Cookies".
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl empty the contents of the jar and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat together ½ cup of soft butter or margarine, 1 large egg and 1-teaspoon vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the cookie-mix, and mix together by hand.
- Put heaped teaspoonfuls on a greased baking sheet, leaving room to spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Cool for a few minutes on a baking sheet then remove to cool on a wire rack.