Recipe by Aggnut
I wanted something more festive during a Christmas party and I came across this cake. It is delicious and easy enough for even me to make. I made it a day ahead of time and it turned out great.
For the cake
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
For the glaze
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a round 8 inch cake pan with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Melt chocolate chips for the cake. Stir untill smooth. Add the cranberry sauce and the sugar. Mix. Then add the remaining ingredients for the cake.
- Put the cake mixture in the cake pan and bake in the oven at 325°F for about 40 minutes (mine took longer than 40 minutes). You can check with a toothpick if the cake is ready when there is nothing stuck to the toothpick it is done.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then let it cool completely outside of the cake pan.
- To make the glaze, melt the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth and add the remaining ingredients. Spread glaze over the cake. Needs to chill until the glaze is firm.