Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I wanted something more festive during a Christmas party and I came across this cake. It is delicious and easy enough for even me to make. I made it a day ahead of time and it turned out great.
For the cake
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
For the glaze
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- Line a round 8 inch cake pan with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Melt chocolate chips for the cake. Stir untill smooth. Add the cranberry sauce and the sugar. Mix. Then add the remaining ingredients for the cake.
- Put the cake mixture in the cake pan and bake in the oven at 325°F for about 40 minutes (mine took longer than 40 minutes). You can check with a toothpick if the cake is ready when there is nothing stuck to the toothpick it is done.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then let it cool completely outside of the cake pan.
- To make the glaze, melt the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth and add the remaining ingredients. Spread glaze over the cake. Needs to chill until the glaze is firm.
This dessert could be served at the finest of restaurants. I got rave reviews at our Christmas dinner. Wonderful recipe, wonderful find! Thanks. Barb in Texas