1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cranberry Cookies - Mix in a Jar
This is posted in response to a request and I have not yet made it. The recipe comes from the "Gifts for the Cookie Jar" cookbook. Times are guesstimates to assemble the jar mix. Substitute a different dried fruit for a different taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Jar Mix Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries or 3/4 cup fruit
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1*JarMix Instructions*.
- 2In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stirring to mix well.
- 3In 1-qt jar, place half of the flour mixture and press down firmly.
- 4Place cranberries in jar and then cover with chocolate chips.
- 5Place remaining flour mixture over chocolate chips.
- 6Place lid on jar.
- 8Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 9Empty contents of jar into large mixing bowl.
- 10Add vanilla, eggs and oil.
- 11Beat on low speed until thoroughly blended (dough may be crumbly).
- 12Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll in sugar.
- 13Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 14Bake for 10 minutes, until very lightly browned edges.
- 15Cool for 1 minute and transfer to cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cranberry Cookies - Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (1009 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 79.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g