Recipe by Ducky
This is posted in response to a request and I have not yet made it. The recipe comes from the "Gifts for the Cookie Jar" cookbook. Times are guesstimates to assemble the jar mix. Substitute a different dried fruit for a different taste.
Top Review by MarraMamba
These were yummy, i have to admit i messed up the jar presentation lol. It had flour going down into the chips and cranberries so didn't look so great. Very simple to put together though.
Jar Mix Ingredients
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries or 3⁄4 cup fruit
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- *JarMix Instructions*.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stirring to mix well.
- In 1-qt jar, place half of the flour mixture and press down firmly.
- Place cranberries in jar and then cover with chocolate chips.
- Place remaining flour mixture over chocolate chips.
- Place lid on jar.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Empty contents of jar into large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, eggs and oil.
- Beat on low speed until thoroughly blended (dough may be crumbly).
- Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until very lightly browned edges.
- Cool for 1 minute and transfer to cooling rack.