Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe is from the 1986 cookbook, From the Farmers' Market. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the finished chocolate to cool & chill.
Top Review by Sharon123
Love the tartness of the cranberries with the crunch of the almonds and of course, the sweet chocolateness! This came together quickly and fairly easily. Thanks Mike! Made for Beverage Tag.
- 591.47 ml cranberries, picked over
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 680.38 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 354.88 ml almonds, coarsely chopped
- 158.51 ml dark raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil to cover all the sides, then press the foil until smooth & set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the cranberries with the sugar, stirring gently & constantly for 6 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- In a heavy saucepan bring the heavy cream ALMOST to a boil over medium heat, then place the saucepan in a large skillet of simmering water & add the chopped chocolate.
- Stir this mixture over the simmering water until the chocolate is melted & smooth, then remove from the heat & stir in the cranberries, nuts & raisins.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the foil-lined pan & cool completely on a wire rack, before chilling briefly in the refrigerator until firm BUT NOT HARD!
- Invert the pan over a sheet of wax paper, & use the foil to remove the block of chocolate from the pan, before gently lifting off the foil.
- Cut the mixture into 1 1/2-inch squares & serve at a cool room temperature.