1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cranberry Chunks
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe is from the 1986 cookbook, From the Farmers' Market. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the finished chocolate to cool & chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 9-inch square pan with foil to cover all the sides, then press the foil until smooth & set aside.
- 2In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the cranberries with the sugar, stirring gently & constantly for 6 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- 3In a heavy saucepan bring the heavy cream ALMOST to a boil over medium heat, then place the saucepan in a large skillet of simmering water & add the chopped chocolate.
- 4Stir this mixture over the simmering water until the chocolate is melted & smooth, then remove from the heat & stir in the cranberries, nuts & raisins.
- 5Pour the chocolate mixture into the foil-lined pan & cool completely on a wire rack, before chilling briefly in the refrigerator until firm BUT NOT HARD!
- 6Invert the pan over a sheet of wax paper, & use the foil to remove the block of chocolate from the pan, before gently lifting off the foil.
- 7Cut the mixture into 1 1/2-inch squares & serve at a cool room temperature.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cranberry Chunks
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.4
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g