Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and oh-so-moreish...these come from Tessa Kiros' delightful cookbook/homage to family, "Apples for Jam". It is best to bake the trays one at a time so total cooking time is for the two trays.
- 75 g butter, softened
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 drops vanilla essence
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 190 C (375F), and line two trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in egg and vanilla - combine well.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and add a small pinch of salt.
- Add the flour to the creamed mixture and beat to make a soft sandy mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate and cranberries.
- Lightly moisten your hands and roughly roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
- Place on baking trays approximately 5cm apart, leaving room for flattening and spreading.
- Bake one tray at a time for about 12-15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden and darkening around the edges.
- Leave to cool on trays.